Many things can damage your home and property, but water is the most common. The best way to prepare is to know the most likely causes of water damage in your home.
There are five places in your home that are most likely to cause water damage.
1. Air Conditioning: Without regular servicing, water can build up in air conditioning units. If it does not drain properly, leaks can damage drywall and flooring and cause mold.
2. Dishwasher: A poor seal or use of the wrong soap in the dishwasher can cause water to leak with every use.
3. Washing Machine: It is often hard to locate water leaks from washing machines. Check under and behind washing machines for water damage.
4. Leaking Pipes: You may have a leak and not know until there is a fair amount of damage. A spike in the water bill may mean you need to find a leaking pipe.
5. Clogged Drain: One clog can cause backups in drains and water damage throughout the house. Sewage water always requires professionals because of the risk of bacteria and contamination.
The certified professionals at Highland Construction and Restoration are equipped with the best tools to restore any and all water damage. We understand water damage can happen at any time. Our 24-hour service, seven days a week is available for your peace of mind that there is always a professional able to restore your home quickly.
Contact Highland Construction & Restoration at (910)485-6738 if water damage is discovered in your home or business. We are a professional water damage restoration company, and you can rest assured your home is in good hands.